Renowned football coach Pete Carroll once said, “each person holds so much power within themselves that needs to be let out. Sometimes they just need a little nudge, a little direction, a little support, a little coaching, and the greatest things can happen.”
Coaching is a critical skill. However, coaching skills can be difficult to develop in times of transition, particularly right now in the midst of a completely disrupted marketplace wherein leaders are redefining and redesigning their organizations. Luckily, we offer 6 key steps for coaching through transition, particularly in these challenging times:
1. Establish/renew your working relationships
2. Identify transition challenges
3. Identify strengths and development needs
4. Set transition change goals and timelines
5. Develop individual transition plans to help direct reports meet goals
6. Evaluate and recalibrate the transition plan against progress
Following these steps will increase the likelihood of your teams successfully navigating their transition.
Let’s stay connected. Join us on social media:
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT OUR BLENDED SOLUTIONS?
WLH helps organizations, teams, and individuals think, plan, and execute with excellence. Schedule an Exploratory Call to learn more!