Change is the new constant. Leaders from all types of organizations recognize the importance of being change-agile. This…
What is Strategic Change?
We help organizations translate strategic change objectives into reality by bridging the gap between the new strategy and desired outcomes. We focus exclusively on the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry and help you identify, plan for, and address the change implications for people, processes, and learning.
In our fast-paced and ever-changing world, the ability to lead through change has become more important than ever. The pragmatic approach outlined in Dr. Heckelman’s book, Change and Thrive, is a great roadmap for any business leader.
— LAUREN SABELLA,
CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER, ACORDA THERAPEUTICS
Cultural Transformation & Change Management
The pharmaceutical and life sciences industry continues to experience rapid and disruptive change. Whether a growing biotech or global organization, WLH leverages its strategic change and culture transformation expertise to help organizations, teams, and individuals change and thrive. Our frameworks and partnerships help organizations shape their desired culture and build change execution capabilities. We know the risks associated with change and gaining employee buy-in and help uncover those barriers in your organization.
We work with pharmaceutical and life sciences clients to guide culture change and improve the probability of successful cultural transformation. Our culture transformation work includes:
- Culture Definition with Senior Teams: Partnering with senior teams to align cultural beliefs, values, and tenets
- Organizational Diagnostic: Understanding and defining what is working and what is getting in the way of the desired, unified culture
- Merger integration cultural implementation: Conducting culture audits and including culture work in post-merger integration efforts
- Customized blended learning solutions: Specific programs designed to drive culture that reinforces agility, accountability, coaching collaboration, talent development, and compliance
Leadership Agility & Readiness
Successfully implementing strategic change requires every team to operate effectively and in full alignment with organizational objectives and expectations. We bring strong facilitation skills, team effectiveness expertise, and real-world experience in the pharmaceutical and life sciences business to each client engagement.
We can help you achieve optimal team alignment and clearly identify ways of working that improve team problem solving and decision-making, which can lead to better overall team effectiveness. We use our proven Team Jump Start™ methodology to accelerate team effectiveness and avoid the frequent disruption caused by change.
In a fast-paced, uncertain world, pharmaceutical and life sciences leaders need to be agile and better prepared to lead through change. Our 5C’s of Transition Leadership® framework equips leaders with the skills to successfully manage and execute change initiatives.
Through our framework, Leaders will:
- Learn how to communicate the business case for change to create alignment, build buy-in, and reduce resistance with their teams and other stakeholders
- Identify and address potential business impact and mitigate risks
- Develop plans to create high-performing teams
- Improve their ability to coach people through change
- Identify metrics to recalibrate objectives and measure progress
Organizational Design & Effectiveness
Improving organizational effectiveness and design are more than moving boxes around on an organization chart. As experts in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry, we partner with leaders to think through organizational design criteria, the impact on people and processes, and the necessary change management required for successful implementation
We support pharmaceutical and life sciences leaders in thinking through organizational design criteria, the impact on people and processes, and the required change management to support effective implementation. When operationalizing an organizational redesign or establishing organizational effectiveness, you need a trusted advisor and partner.
At WLH, we partner with clients to:
- Ensure the organizational design supports strategy
- Consider the human capital implications
- Analyze workforce allocation and deployment
- Engage stakeholders for input, recommendations, and endorsement
- Determine what processes need to be reviewed and adapted
- Plan, design, and deploy effective change management and communications from start through implementation
- Ready individuals, leaders, and the full organization to deal with change with best-in-class learning solutions
Senior Team Alignment & Team Effectiveness
When senior teams are not aligned on strategy or let personal agendas supersede organizational goals, the potential for failure increases. We work with pharmaceutical and life sciences senior teams to develop and align on a clear vision, mission, or strategy to ensure sustainable business success. This work includes:
- Senior Team Alignment: Partnering with senior teams to build cohesion, collaboration, and alignment that support organizational strategic objectives
- Team Dynamics: Helping teams at all levels deal with ongoing challenges related to trust, personal rivalries, and confrontation
- Team Jump Starts: Ensuring newly configured teams, or those struggling to adapt to change, accelerate their performance and effectiveness
- Account Team Effectiveness: Improving, developing, and deploying processes and tools to ensure pharmaceutical strategic account teams effectively collaborate, coordinate, and communicate when developing and executing account plans
DOWNLOAD OUR EBOOK
Building Leadership Agility to Change and Thrive: The 5C’s of Transition Leadership®
Change is the new constant. Leaders from all types of organizations recognize the importance of being change-agile. This eBook is based on research-validated through nearly thirty years of experience working with hundreds of clients, large and small, across various business sectors.