A global oncology company rolled-out a key account management strategy and integrated planning process. The unique needs of the U.S. market required customizing the planning process, tools, and learning strategy. Central to this project was the need to create an account management mindset for all customer-facing roles and encourage more cross-functional collaboration and coordination.
Approach and Deliverables
WLH leveraged its account management expertise and learning strategy to:
- Align an integrated key account planning process with global efforts
- Improve the account management mindset by defining account management behaviors agnostic to the role; whether a sales representative, nurse educator, reimbursement specialist, or others
- Partner with senior leaders to create a learning cascade for first-line managers
- Design and co-facilitate a national first-line managers meeting; provide ongoing sustainability leadership tools
- Develop tools for account leads to improve field cross-functional collaboration and planning
- Create an Account Management Curriculum
The organization developed integrated strategic account plans for its most important customers. This effort was in full compliance and recognition of everyone’s role. Since introducing the planning and execution approach, extended account teams gained clarity on shared objectives and have consistently exceeded business objectives for the past few quarters.