A global pharmaceutical company seeking to change its organizational culture developed a set of core leadership behaviors. The six behaviors chosen by the high-level task force reflected a critical evolution in the beliefs and behaviors for the company as it accelerated its growth strategy. WLH’s long-term and in-depth involvement in this initiative illustrates the integration of many of our capabilities: diagnosis, planning, design, implementation and facilitation.
Approach and Deliverables
WLH collaborated with the Organizational Effectiveness function to craft categories and determined specific behaviorally-based items to reflect key values and strategic focus. These competencies were turned into a web-based 360⁰ process with development planning guide that was rolled-out globally.
WLH created a Manager’s Toolkit to accelerate the practice of the Leader Behaviors which included:
- Learning activities for leaders to use with their teams to improve leadership behaviors and performance; included easy, step-by-step guide for ease of facilitation and targeted learning.
- Assessment checklists for line managers to quickly and accurately identify which of the Leader Behaviors they wanted to concentrate on developing with their teams in order to improve performance
- Created and conducted a “Mastering Leader Behavior Development Workshop” which was used as the model to cascade the program to 50 countries
- The organization’s new Leader Behaviors became the foundation for all Leadership Development initiatives
- Colleague engagement in the annual Individual Development Planning process increased from 50% to nearly 75% globally in less than 18 months