Leading with Empathy: From the Top to the Customer
Whether you are engaging with someone inside or outside of your organization, the key to successfully navigating and developing the relationship is to empathetically engage with that individual or group. Because we believe empathy is one of the most critical skills to succeed within any job, we have built two (2) programs to address empathy development at the leadership and individual contributor levels. The first program is Leadership Empathy. The second program is Empathetic Engagement.
Within the Leadership Empathy Program, we provide the following:
- Leadership Empathy Self-Assessment
- Leadership Empathy Behavioral Trigger Log
- WLH-Facilitated Workshops
- Post-workshop activities and leadership coaching check-in guides
Within the Empathetic Engagement Program, we take customer-facing roles through the following:
- WLH’s Empathetic Engagement approach primer and pre-workshop activities
- WLH Facilitated Workshop Sessions to practice engaging empathetically with customers
- Post-workshop activities, job aids, and leadership coaching check-in guides
Wendy L. Heckelman, Ph.D.
President and founder of WLH Consulting, Inc.
Wendy L. Heckelman, Ph.D., president and founder of WLH Consulting, Inc., has advised and consulted on hundreds of major change initiatives in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and Asia. In nearly 30 years of working with Fortune 100 clients, including pharmaceuticals, biotech, health care, animal health, and consumer products organizations, Wendy has helped leaders and individuals prepare for and thrive during turbulent and transformative change. In addition to her broad-based multinational experience, Wendy has worked with many non-profits and emerging entrepreneurial organizations, helping them successfully navigate change and transformation.