Over the last decade, pharmaceutical and life sciences companies have shifted to a greater reliance on strategic account management to achieve results with their larger and increasingly consolidated organized customers. Across the industry and globally, pharmaceutical companies are at various stages of sophistication in developing and executing account management strategies. WLH has extensive expertise in assessing current practices, providing streamlined recommendations, and partnering to increase access and utilization through implementation of more effective account management practices.
Effective account management requires:
- Staying current on the evolving healthcare marketplace and key trends
- Anticipating how various healthcare trends and pressures will impact different business models
- Appreciating shifts in risk and cost containment pressures
WLH partners to advance account management practices by providing support in the following areas:
- Evaluating account management strategy and effectiveness
- Defining integrated account management planning processes and tools
- Supporting leadership by operationalizing the account management strategy – defining roles, developing competencies, and outlining career frameworks
- Supporting cross-functional collaboration, coordination, and communication to ensure account plans are defined and effectively executed
- Optimizing customer coordination across account teams
- Leveraging account profiling guides and learning tools to identify business, clinical, and operational needs for Integrated Delivery Networks, Payers, and State Medicaid
- Developing an overall account management curriculum with customized blended learning solutions for all roles
- Defining success metrics
Our Account Management blended learning solutions improve critical capabilities related to business acumen, strategic thinking, innovation, and customer engagement. We focus on building capabilities to navigate sophisticated and complex customer hierarchies or matrices and how to find key decision makers and influencers. We further support Account Managers in putting together integrated solutions and value propositions that lead to increased customer satisfaction and better health outcomes.
Please contact us to learn more about how we can help you advance your account management effectiveness and processes.
You may also find these resources useful:
- White Paper: Executing a Key Account Management Strategy: The Transformative Role of Learning and Development
- WLH Blog: Culture of Collaboration – Challenges and Best Practices for Account Team Collaboration
- Publication: (Focus) Executing a Key Account Management Strategy
- Case Study: Market Access Learning Strategy and Curriculum