Background and Challenge
The U.S. division of a global pharmaceutical company needed to revamp its performance management process and tools to meet court settlement requirements. WLH worked closely with business and HR leaders to understand the current state and outline the future state expectations.
Approach and Deliverables
After an extensive diagnostic, WLH provided recommendations for improvement to policies, procedures, training, systems, reporting, and efforts to drive cultural change. WLH created (and aligned the project team on) an execution plan for improvements to performance management policies and procedures.
WLH produced the following deliverables:
- Redesigned the Performance Management process
- Created learning objectives for the sales organization on settlement requirements and role, process, and system changes
- Revised assessment tool to measure demonstration of company values
- Created a Just-in-Time Toolkit for Sales Managers to access relevant policies and procedures and house all tools and additional resources
- Developed a cultural change cascade and communications plan directed toward senior leaders, as well as a communications plan
- Created training for all employees outlining the Performance Management Process
- As a result of this project, people managers could reference the Performance Management Toolkit at any point in the process to ensure consistent application of ratings and adherence to policies
- The organization met all legal settlement requirements
- The organization shifted its organizational culture and avoided further legal challenges