At WLH we know organizations, teams, and individuals can Change and Thrive even when faced with extraordinary business and personal challenges. Let’s face it, the marketplace continues to evolve and organizations must adapt to successfully compete and deal with ongoing change. Before positive change can take place, one must REFLECT on the past before planning for the future.
Our REFLECT framework, which we have shared in the past, is a helpful aid to guide productive and meaningful reflection. We wish you the best in preparing for the year ahead.
Take time to REFLECT and plan more effectively in 2024:
Review appropriate business analytics and reports to evaluate past performance, identify trends, and implement a data driven, evidence-based approach.
- Where did your team exceed, meet, or fail to achieve desired results?
- What key insights does the data reveal?
Evaluate if you accomplished the goals established in your business/account plans.
- If the answer is yes, what are the biggest drivers of past success that you can replicate to accelerate future results?
- If no, identify lessons learned to avoid similar setbacks in the upcoming year. And don’t forget to identify how the team and specific individuals overcame roadblocks; especially when working virtually.
- How can you consistently apply these lessons learned going forward?
Focus on the critical few priorities.
- What were your critical priorities?
- Were the priorities clear and appropriate at the outset?
- How and why did they change?
- Which priorities will remain critical going forward?
Learn from your experiences. Determine what worked, identify where you fell short, and leverage these learnings going forward.
- What did you learn about your marketplace and about specific customers?
- What did you learn about your team and your ability to support each other?
- What did you learn about your personal ability to adapt and be agile?
Embrace that things are changing quickly in the healthcare marketplace and will likely continue to evolve. Acknowledge that your organization has or will shift strategic priorities to deal with changes in the business environment.
- What changes did your organization undertake this past year?
- How can you improve your team’s agility for the coming year?
- What do you personally need to do to become more agile and adaptable going forward?
- Where can more proactive scenario planning and strategic thinking lead to better results?
Commit to conducting regular reviews and recalibrating plans.
- How often and when should you review plans?
- What is your process for reviewing progress against plans?
- Who do you need to involve in the process?
- What processes are in place to update your manager and others on plan success?
Thank all the people who worked hard throughout the year to achieve business goals.
It is also very important to take time to REFLECT on your own personal growth and successes. Ask yourself, “What do I need to stop, start, and continue doing in 2024?” “What support will I need?” Capture these answers and discuss them with your manager during year-end performance discussions.
Our REFLECT framework can help you plan for and continue to “Change and Thrive” in 2024. Please feel free to contact us for more information on our strategic execution, commercial excellence, and leadership development practice expertise and blended learning solutions.
Best of luck for a healthy and productive 2024!
— Dr. Wendy L. Heckelman and The WLH Consulting & Learning Solutions Team
Download the WLH Year End Planner — it’s your key to ending the year on a high note and starting the new one with a clear vision and plan.
This comprehensive planner is designed to assist you in analyzing your leadership successes and challenges of 2023, and strategically planning for an even more successful 2024. It introduces the concept of “Up Until Now and From Now On”, allowing you to reflect on the past year and make informed decisions for the future.
Download the WLH Year End Planner now and take the first step towards a successful 2024. Your future self will thank you.