Our clients draw on our extensive pharmaceutical and life sciences competency data base, along with our rigorous data collection efforts to create targeted competency models, career frameworks, assessments, and development tools that fit their organization and culture. We partner to ensure managers and employees understand how to use a variety of tools to recruit, assess, coach, develop, and retain talent.
Whether at the enterprise, function, or role level, an effective competency model outlines the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for successful performance. The competency model must strike the balance of being clear and specific without being too overwhelming and difficult for managers and employees to use.
To develop a competency model, WLH will:
- Review existing models, job descriptions, and other relevant background material
- Collect data through structured interviews and focus groups on role requirements and what “good looks like”
- Utilize experts to perform content and criterion validation that tests for clarity and accuracy
- Apply expertise to create defensible competency models and development/ performance management procedures
- Benchmark other competency models
One way to engage employees about developing and advancing their career is to help them understand how to navigate their own organization. As organizations flatten, the typical advancement ladders no longer apply. Instead, organizations are looking for employees to develop both breadth and depth of experiences before moving up and deepening their talent bench. WLH approaches career framework development by gathering information, identifying options, and outlining experiences needed to advance.
Please contact us to learn more about our competencies, career frameworks, assessments and tools.
Competency Based Tools
- Behavioral Based Interview Guides
- Customized Competency Based Assessments (web-based 360⁰, 180⁰ and self-assessments)
- Curriculum roadmaps
- Development Planning Guides
- Developmental Experiences for on-the-job learning organized by competency
- Field Coaching Forms and Guides
- Leader-Led Learning to Drive Competency Development
You may also find these resources useful:
- Publication: (LTEN) Leader-Led Learning – Developing Capabilities
- Case Study: Accelerate Leader Behaviors and Advance Culture
- Case Study: Defining Leadership Competencies in a Specialty Pharmaceutical Company